New hook release system
Due to amendments in the Life Saving Appliances (LSA) code, by resolution MSC 320 and new prototype test as amended by resolution MSC 321 we developed a serie of new hook release system. We would like to inform you that the non-compliant hook release systems have to be replaced or upgraded before July 1, 2019.
Euro Offshore Services is responsible for hook modification service on J. Xinjiang and Wolong lifeboats. We have also possibilities to replace existing hook systems of other makes into a new stainless steel hook system.
Our new lifting hook system is improved and certified according to latest Life Saving Appliances (LSA) code.
For more information and pricing please contact us at email@example.com.
The new IMO regulations
Resolution MSC.320. Amendments to the LSA code:
- The mechanism shall not be able to open due to wear, misalignment and unintended force within the hook assembly or operating mechanism.
- The hook assembly shall continue to be closed and hold its safe working load through rotation of the cam by up to 45 degrees ineither direction.
- To provide hook stability, the release mechanism shall be designed so that when it is fully reset in the closed position, the weight of the lifeboat does not cause any force to be transmitted to the operating mechanism.
- Locking devices shall be designed so that they cannot become open due to forces from the hook load.
- All components of the hook unit… in a lifeboat shall be of material that is corrosion resistant in the marine environment, without the need for coatings or galvanizing. Resolution MSC.321.
- The lifeboat release and retrieval system… loaded to 100% of its safe working load and released. Load and release should be repeated 50 times.
- The hook assembly, whilst disconnected from the operating mechanism, should then be tested 10 times with cyclic loading from zero load to 1.1 times the safe working load, at a nominal 10 seconds per cycle, and the hook should not open during this test.
- Release handle: The actuation force should be no less than 100N and no more than 300 N after these tests.
Download our Hook improvement brochure.